Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Maumee Bay Boardwalk

I accompanied my wife on a business retreat to Maumee Bay just out side of Toledo this past weekend. I had a couple of hours to kill in the morning before we left so I went on the 2 mile loop boardwalk located right next to the lodge. The trees really haven't started to fully turn yet so there was not much in the way of fall color. The mushroom was my find of the day.








I wish I hadn't cropped off the one tip of the red leaf on the boardwalk but I think I can fix it in Photoshop. It was a very overcast day and the mosquitoes were out in full force. Other than dealing with them when I stopped to take a picture, it was a very enjoyable walk. It had rain the night before which helped saturate some of the colors. For a short outing I was happy with what I was able to capture.

No comments: