Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dayton Air Force Museum (Art Work)

I recently stopped by the Dayton Air Force museum and took a few pictures. I wanted to see how well my Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens would do. I still had to bump the ISO up to 1600 on quite a few but the pictures didn't come out too bad.

I just love Military Art. So my focus on this trip was just that. It seems that women get featured quite a bit. Sometimes less than flattering. This is the Red Headed B____ fill in the blank your self.



What do you think the person on the wrong end of this was thinking when they saw this staring back at them? Funny in a grim kind of way. I converted it to black and white. I just thought it looked better. Just in time for Halloween.




Speaking of Halloween. This fellow would of been a much better find if he hadn't been so difficult to photo. This one and a bunch of other fuselages art have been cut from he plane and placed in holders like pictures. The problem is they were all scrunched together not giving me much room to work with.
I am not sure how the Mouse and Bob would take this one if they saw it. I've never seen Donald this ferocious and I never thought the show to be all that explosive.



And then there's just plain cute. Hard not to like this guy, unless of course he's trying to shoot you down.

It was a quick trip, I only spent about two hours there. It is easily an all day trip. I just wanted to take some pictures to see how well the lens would work in low light situations. The last time I was at the museum I did not have the camera system I have now. In fact it was just a point and shoot. I was pleased with the results.

No comments: