Saturday, October 10, 2009

Vintage Photo Restoration 2

This one has a sad story. I was told that this is a death photo. The person who gave me the picture didn't know anymore than that.



I was not too happy with the final outcome on this one. Too much detail was lost in the whites. It looks like the photo was a 4x6 cut and mounted on a 4.5 x 6.5 placard. I have two more photos with this type of mounting and they have additional studio information on the back. This one was blank.

My ultimate goal is to go beyond the obvious repairs and get something that looks close to the original print. As you can see by this edit I have quite a ways to go.



If you look close you will see the boy has deformed hands. I am not sure what the bar is on the left but I think the photographer could of put a little more thought in to the composition.

The white linens, blouse, bow tie and the fact that a picture was taken leads me to believe the parents were of some influence.

For comparison here is a Side-By-Side.

No comments: