Friday, October 9, 2009

Vintage Photo Restoration 1

I enjoy looking at and restoring old black and white photos. I look for them every time I am in one of those second hand stores you seem to find in every town.



The original of this photo was a small 2.5 by 4 inch print. This is the scan of the original cropped 4x6.

The one thing I find interesting in this photo is the pose. They must be husband and wife but look at how they are totally separated in the picture. The photographer was clever with the hands, hers resting on something and his with an open book.

Well after working with it for a bit, this is what I came up with.



Here is a side by side comparison of both photos.



If I worked on this some more I think I would try and clean up the wall in the background a bit more. I hope to post some more of these over the weekend.

No comments: