Friday, July 31, 2009

Amish Festival



While in Indiana on business, I thought I'd check out the Amish festival going on at Amish Acres in Nappanee. The Round Barn pictured here is a dinner theater.



Here's a few pics of some of the critters in attendance.





Wild Kingdom had a walk-through display with animatronics animals. I caught the lion as he was roaring.



These swan paddle boats were a popular activity.



People were lined up for the Kettle Corn.



There were over 300 craft vendors. My favorite was this gentleman who makes these awesome pots.







There was plenty of free entertainment.



The Medicine Man show was popular with both young and old.





I caught these guys backstage waiting to go on the stage. They look a little high strung to me.



I found these two lovely Amish women hard at work in the old school house.



And now for a few Random Shots.







There was a lot to see and do, but I was ready to head home after a couple of hours.

No comments: