Sunday, August 9, 2009

Old Mans Cave (Hocking Hills)

After dropping my son off at Tar Hollow Church camp, I made my way over to Hocking Hills State Park to check out Old Man's Cave.



I exaggerated the color in this first picture of moss covered rocks.



It certainly looked different from when I was here on the Winter Hike last year.



Everything was just so green. I just love the texture in this one.



The Upper Falls was a bit of a disappointment. There was not much water flow and there was a lot of activity going on. What I should of done was just backed up and captured the people enjoying/interacting with the surroundings. It would have been a much better picture.



However, on the flip side I was able to get some cool pictures of the Devils Bathtub that I normally wouldn't have been able to.





I only spent an hour and a half in the park. So I did not get any farther than this. I am looking forward to coming back in the fall.

I took my first couple of pictures hand-held then mounted the camera on the tripod and left it there for the rest of the pictures. The tree canopy just blocked out too much sunlight. Normally I curse myself for dragging it along but it proved to be a life saver here.

No comments: