Monday, May 11, 2009

Lesson In Flash

My wife received the Friend of Education award for 2009. She didn't think spouses were allowed so I didn't go. So there was no picture of her getting her award. We did a pose at home with her plaque so she'd have something to scrap. I took the opportunity to also play around with Canon 430EX Speedlite.

For this picture I aimed the Speedlite directly at my wife. (Same as using on board camera flash. Notice the harsh highlights and shadows. Not to mention a less than flattering photo of my wife.



For this next shot I adjusted the Speedlite upward at a 45 degree angle.



This one's a little better but still room for plenty of improvement. For my last shot, I pointed the light straight up and bounced it off the white ceiling. We learned this in class and guess what it works.



I could have further improved the shot by using a reflector to bounce some light back onto her face from below, but I didn't have one handy.

No comments: