Sunday, May 10, 2009

Life Begins at 185 mph



My son Tyler (Who just turned 16) and I went for a drive this weekend to Bud Chevrolet in St. Mary's. Tyler armed with his new driving permit wanted to check out some cars. Corvettes to be exact. The Chevy dealership was sponsoring a Corvette show/drive-in. Tyler seemed partial to this Yellow and Black classic.



Of course I had my camera with me...but I chose just to take the lens that was on the camera at the time. This turned out to be my Cannon 100mm f/2.8 Macro lens. A wonderful lens but my Canon 18-55mm lens probably would of been a better choice.







One of my favorite shots for the day wasn't even a Corvette. I just liked the colors and paint on this Chevy Pickup.



Of course the conversation finally turned to So dad, can we get a vet. I laughed and told him I remembering having this conversation before. He guessed his older siblings and was somewhat surprised when I said. Nope. My dad and I had the same conversation when I was about your age. Back then they were called Stingrays and My dad laughed when I asked the same question. I must admit I was wondering what kind of trade-in they'd give me on my mini-van.

No comments: